Hello fair weather gardeners, winter has been pretty good on PEI this year, but we still long for spring.
Here are some things to get you started, so hang in there spring is coming.
- Organize your seed packages to see what is missing and check the new catalogs.
- Have a look at your dahlia bulbs and glads. Remove the bad ones.
- Take your geraniums, fuschia’s out of cold storage, re-pot them and give them some water and a sunny window. You should see some life in 2-3 weeks
- Start seeds that take extra time for best results. Ex: Pansies, onions, leeks, celery, peppers
- This is a great time to prune fruit trees. Sometimes the snow hills help so you don’t have to drag out a ladder
- Lettuce is fun to grow indoors in February for a taste of spring along with sprouting seeds,
Keep Warm and Keep your green thumb facing the sun.