Today is one of those grey winter days that makes us look forward to spring. Here are some things we like to do while we wait to get our hands back in the soil.
1. Check out the new seed catalogs.
2. Organize seed packages to see what’s missing.
3. Have a look at dahlia bulbs and glads. Remove any bad ones.
4. Take geraniums and fuschias out of cold storage, re-pot them and give them some water and a sunny window. You should see some life in 2-3 weeks.
5. Start seeds that take extra time for best results such as pansies, onions, leeks, celery, and peppers.
6. This is a great time of year to prune trees.
7. Grow microgreens indoors such as arugula, kale, and lettuce.
8. Grow sprouting seeds such as peas and beans for a taste of spring. This is a good way to use up last year’s seeds.
Do you have any winter tips to share? Please let us know in the comments below.